Had To Be There is the brainchild of owner/operator Kelly Acevedo, a lifelong Connecticut resident. Kelly works full time in the marketing field for an amazing firm in Fairfield county. Recently married, Kelly resides in Seymour with her husband and their two dogs, Lexi and Shadow.
Kelly's expertise comes from years of experience. Armed with a degree in Media Production from Quinnipiac University (Go Bobcats!), Kelly's unique background in film, theater, dance, design, and even as a hobby baker, have helped her to develop a deep understanding and passion for production value. And at the end of the day - is life anything if not a production?
A Had To Be There Podcast is coming where Kelly will be talking with guests about the "had to be there" moments in their lives that just so happened to take place while on vacation. If you have a "had to be there" vacation memory to share and are interested in being one of the first guests on the show - we'd love to hear from you! Use the link below to get in touch and schedule your interview!
The Business of Memories
We all have those stories where we're not able to put into words just how incredible, or hilarious, or touching that memory was, and can only end our efforts by saying "I'm telling you - ya just had to be there!" It was from those moments that HTBT was born.
A perpetual dreamer, Kelly has lived her life believing anything is possible. Chalk it up to all those Disney movies she's seen! A quick example: Kelly once started a summer musical theater workshop for local kids on a whim - it went on to run for almost a decade! So it's no surprise that she has been nursing this concept of HTBT for so many years, through all its iterations. Kelly's goal with HTBT is to identify the moments in her clients' lives and help preserve those memories for years to come. Big or small, it is in those "Had To Be There" moments that shape the person we are!
"Dreams are how we figure out where we want to go. Life is how we get there."
- Kermit the Frog -
Get to Know Kelly
- Favorite Movie: The Godfather Saga
- Favorite Broadway Show: Hamilton
- Favorite Movie Musical: Grease
- Favorite Dance Style: Jazz
- Favorite Choreographer: Bob Fosse
- Favorite Dancer: Maks Chmerkovskiy
- Favorite Cupcake to Make: Oreo Surprise
- Favorite Cupcake to Eat: Orange Creamsicle
- Favorite Song: "Don't Speak" - No Doubt
- Favorite Animal: Penguins and Puppies!
- Favorite Food: French Toast (Least Favorite Food: Pineapple!)
- What's On Your Bucket List?: To see a game at every MLB stadium (#LGM)
- Dream [Non-Disney] Vacation Spot: Italy
Kelly's Faves, but make it Disney
- Favorite Classic Animated Movie: Sleeping Beauty
- Favorite Modern Animated Movie: Frozen
- Favorite Live Action Movie: Saving Mr. Banks
- Favorite Disney Princess: Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
- Favorite Disney Villain: Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
- Favorite Theme Park: Magic Kingdom
- Favorite Disneyland Resort Hotel: Grand Californian
- Favorite Walt Disney World Resort Hotel: Beach Club
- Favorite WDW Restuarant: 50's Prime Time Cafe
- Favorite Ride: Incredicoaster (Disneyland)
- Favorite Attraction: Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
- Favorite Mickey-Shaped Snack: Mickey Premium Bar
- Dream Disney Vacation: Adventures by Disney trip to Costa Rica